Make Your Computer Last
The Ask Leo! Guide to Routine Maintenance is all about helping you:
Keep your computer running longer. There are simple steps you can take, today, to lengthen the useful lifespan of your existing Windows computer.
Avoid spending money you don’t need to spend. By paying attention to some basic maintenance you can delay unneccessary and often costly upgrades, replacements and expansions that, in reality, you might not need.
Speed up your computer. There are things to do, and things to avoid doing, that can keep your computer running as fast as it possibly can – for as long as it possibly can.
Free up space. Is your disk filling up? There’s a good chance that a bunch of it is stuff you don’t need. Learn how to identify what to keep and what to trash (and what to backup and then trash).
This collection of articles culled from the pages of Ask Leo! are the steps you need to take “every so often” that can help keep your computer running at its peak.
I see people discarding computers way too early. It just doesn’t have to be that way, especially when the problem that they’re trying to solve is all about software, not hardware.
Don’t be one of those people. The Ask Leo! Guide to Routine Maintenance will help you keep your computer running smoothly without costly replacements.
Written in easy-to-understand style, and complete with step by step screen shots I’ll show you how to:
- prepare for common problems (beyond just backing up)
- avoid things that shorten the effective life of your computer and just generally make life difficult
- clean up your computer by removing things you just don’t need – some of it even automatically!
- analyze and repair problems with your hard disk
- speed up your hard disk
- keep an eye on your system for potential problems, and misbehaving programs
All using free tools or tools already included in Windows to help you easily get the job done.
And of course, there’s video!
Once you register your purchase you’ll have instant access to a bonus set of companion videos that walk through showing you exactly how to do what’s described in the book.
All included for FREE with your purchase of The Ask Leo! Guide to Routine Maintenance.
Videos you can watch online, or download to your own computer for viewing later.
And in “standard” or HD formats to make everything as clear as possible.
What format? All formats!
Regardless of which format you purchase, once you register your purchase you’ll also be able to immediately download any of the available electronic formats:
- .pdf – for your desktop, laptop, mobile device or just about any device that includes a PDF reader.
- .mobi – the native format for the Amazon Kindle, easily copied or emailed to your Kindle.
- .epub – the electronic book format used by many other ebook readers including the Barnes & Noble Nook.
Even if you purchase the paper copy from Amazon, you’ll get access to the electronic downloads as well.
Purchase your copy of The Ask Leo! Guide to Routine Maintenance now, and give your computer a new lease on a longer life … today!